May 26, 2008
Phase transformation of a complex wave function.
The electromagnetic vector potential appears in the covariant derivative.
The Action for the relativistic wave equation is invariant under a phase (gauge) transformation.
The electromagnetic field tensor is gauge invariant.
- Complex field
- Gauge transformation
- Gauge covariant derivative
- Symmetry and gauge transformations
- Current vector
- Conservation of charge
- Charged particle in a magnetic field
- Electromagnetic interaction term
- Lagrangian for electromagnetics