In the first lecture of the course Professor Susskind introduces the original principle of relativity - also known as Galilean Invariance - and discusses inertial reference frames and simultaneity. He then derives the Lorentz transformation of special relativity following the method in Einstein's original paper [check this], and introduces length contraction and time dilation, invariants, and space- and time-like intervals.
- The principle of relativity
- Reference frames
- Derivation of the Lorentz transformation
- Speed of light is independent of reference frame
- Length contraction and time dilation
- Invariant intervals
- Space-like and time-like intervals